Monday, September 14, 2015

Invisible Disabilities 8th Annual Awards Ceremony

if you live in the #Denver area or can travel to the Denver area by October 23rd, you WILL want to join us. If you don't know the story about InvisibleDisabilities.org, you should: they coined the term "Invisible Disabilities," and testified in front of Congress to include people like me, who are disabled, but who make disability look awesome.

I've recently moved back to St. Louis into a very snobby building, and you wouldn't believe the discrimination I've faced. Well, i take that back, you probably do know. I even had to write the Board of Directors of my building and remind them of the Americans with Disability Act, the Reform Act of 1973, and the Fair Housing Act of 1988. My father is an attorney, and they went to his place of work to hand deliver a letter of complaint agains me like I'm some child, and I'm over 40!

So if you think discrimination against People with Disabilities is a thing of the past, you are very poorly informed. Just because there are laws doesn't mean people follow them, especially people with power. But they have no idea who they're effog with. My neighbor used to be the head of the local chapter of the ACLU.

They won't know what hit them. But they will know who. <evil grin>

Do join us in Colorado!! We'd love to have you. Tickets on sale NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment