Friday, January 13, 2012

[Repost] How to Be the World's Worst Patient

This is a hilarious and informative piece I just had to share. "The worst thing you can do is to come into a doctor's appointment with a strong body of knowledge. Your doctor spent eight years in medical school. How dare you do your own research! This makes the doctor think you think you know more than he does. Harming his or her ego is an unforgivable error. Your best bet is to remain completely, totally ignorant and to rely on your distracted physician to take a complete health history, order tests based on their wisdom - never yours, and correctly diagnose you and write a prescription in under five minutes. They have practice quotas to fill, after all."

Read the complete article here: How to Be the World's Worst Patient

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this! Please give me a heads-up that you've shared something in the future so that I can thank you publicly. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna get around to that, I promise! ^_^
    The last week hasn't been kind to me, physically speaking. Mia culpa.

    ReplyDelete